  1. Is there any place where i can find the list of errors usually we get in
    ..NET, i want to categeorize the errors into different groups, does any one
    have any inputs on categeorizing the errors in .net?
    =?Utf-8?B?dnNy?=, Dec 27, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dnNy?=

    Marina Guest

    Every error is a type of Exception, so it inherits from Exception down the
    line. You can look at the documentation for all classes that inherit from
    Exception, and all classes that inherit from those classes, etc. In a way,
    this subclassing is what categorizes the exceptions into different types.

    Marina, Dec 27, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?dnNy?=

    Scott M. Guest

    ..NET does not use codes to identify it's exceptions like VB 6.0 did. In
    ..NET, everything you encounter is a "type", including exceptions. There are
    many different "types" of exceptions and they have already been
    "categorized" by inheritance and namespaces, so there's no need for you to
    do it.

    Just take a look at the Exception class documentation.

    Scott M., Dec 27, 2005
  4. Thanks all for the info , thats what i was looking . i was looking for the
    list of types to categeorize.thats true .NET categeorized all the exceptuions
    but here i am building the escalation system based on the types of errors /
    exceptions we get from application.i am sorry i might have used wrong
    terminology as "error" & "codes" but actually i was looking for the list of
    all possible exceptions and i got it from MSDN.thanks lot again for your
    guidance.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZG90bmV0bG92ZXI=?=, Dec 29, 2005