Error Consuming Web Service from WIndows application when WebService is using Custom Service Accoun

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by DNB, Jan 16, 2008.

  1. DNB

    DNB Guest

    I have a web service in .net 1.5 that I am consuming using windows
    application.
    I am running this windows application on Windows XP Pro.

    Now if we use SQL server Authentication in WebService to connect to database
    I am able to Invoke this web service from Windows Application(running on XP)

    But as soon as I switch to Custom Service Account ( Create an Application
    Pool with a Custom Identity) . I get following error while Invoking this
    web service from Windows Application (running on XP)

    "Server was unable to process request. --> Unable to generate a temporary
    class (result=1).
    error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\noqnumwr.0.cs' could not be found
    error CS2008: No inputs specified"

    I tried following
    go to c: > windows > temp
    right clik and click on properties > Security >
    here Click on Add and find out the NETWORK service user, add and then allow
    full control.
    Still it failed.

    Thanks
    DNB

    DNB, Jan 16, 2008

  2. DNB

    Guest

    Re: Error Consuming Web Service from WIndows application whenWebService is using Custom Service Account ( Create an Application Pool with aCustom Identity)

    If you are on XP you need to give the ASPNET account access to the
    folder (Network service is for Win 2k3).

    The way to verify that you are giving the right user access is to goto
    iis and then to your virual directory. Right click on the dir and
    click properties. Then under directory security tab click the edit
    button in the "Authentication and access control" section. Assuming
    you have anon access enabled the user name is in that box. If you
    don't have it enabled then I guess it's ASPNET (not 100% sure on that
    though).

    On Jan 16, 5:25 pm, "DNB" <> wrote:
    > I haveaweb service in .net1.5 that I am consuming using windows
    > application.
    > I am running this windows application on Windows XP Pro.
    >
    > Now if we use SQL server Authentication in WebServicetoconnecttodatabase
    > I am abletoInvoke this web service from Windows Application(running on XP)
    >
    > But as soon as I switchtoCustom Service Account ( Create an Application
    > Pool withaCustom Identity) . I get following error while Invoking  this
    > web service from Windows Application (running on XP)
    >
    > "Server wasunabletoprocess request. -->Unabletogenerateatemporaryclass(result=1).
    > error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\noqnumwr.0.cs' could not be found
    > error CS2008: No inputs specified"
    >
    > I tried following
    >  gotoc: > windows > temp
    > right clik and click on properties > Security >
    > here Click on Add and find out the NETWORK service user, add and then allow
    > full control.
    > Still it failed.
    >
    > Thanks
    > DNB