Error: Content is not allowed between the opening and closing tags for element

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Allan Ebdrup, Jan 20, 2006.

  1. Allan Ebdrup

    Allan Ebdrup Guest

    I have a ascx webcontrol that I register with:
    %@ Register Src="../Controls/Default/Library/Basket/Basket.ascx"
    TagName="Basket"
    TagPrefix="uc1" %>

    and instantiate on the page with:
    <uc1:Basket ID="Basket1" runat="server" />

    This works without problems, Now I've added the attribute:
    [ParseChildren(ChildrenAsProperties = true)]
    to the basket control and added a property called Header of the type
    ITemplate.
    When I change my basket tag to look like:
    <uc1:Basket ID="Basket1" runat="server">
    <Header>Myheader</Header>
    </uc1:Basket>

    I get the following error on the Basket tag:
    Error 1 Cannot switch views: Content is not allowed between the opening and
    closing tags for element 'Basket'.

    And the following error on the Header tag:
    Error 2 Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional): Element 'header' is not
    supported.

    When I run the page it works fine.

    What am I missing to allow tags inside the Basket controls XML?

    Kind Regards,
    Allan Ebdrup

    Allan Ebdrup, Jan 20, 2006