Error: content type of 'text/html; but expected 'text/xml'.

amar

Hi,

I've created a webservice, which is working fine in development
environment and UAT environment. but i received following error often
in staging environment, not all the time.

------------------
Client found response content type of 'text/html;
charset=Windows-1252', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with
so on.

-----------------

And it says set customErrors mode should be in Off. But already its in
Off mode.

I'm not able to see any aspx page, which uses webservice.
Is it problem with IIS settings?
i'd really apreichate it if anyone could help me out.

Kind Regards,
amar

roger

I had almost simlar problem and i figured it out that my web.config had some
error in the xml schema, but in my case offcourse i was not able to call web
service even once.
May be there is a similar issue with you with some exception been generated

~Peace

Heribert Coumans

I have the same error. I doesn't make any sense to me. I am using the new VS
2005 beta2.
The error occurs when i set the timeout to (-1).
The function I called in the webservice takes lots of time.
I call the service like
WebService ws = new WebService();

ws.Timeout = -1;

int result = ws.SimpleTest1();