Error Could not find file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\awbwxpt6.dll'

Jerry C

I have a asp.net application that has been running several months without
error and now I am getting this error: "Could not find file
'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\awbwxpt6.dll'" . The app has a .asmx file that may be
recompiling.

There are no .dll files in the TEMP directory so they may not be created.
Should this page be recompiling all the time. Could the app be resetting.
How do I troubleshoot this problem.

Thank you for your help.

Jerry C

Some aditional information on this. the application directory under
"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files" is
not created. The Network Service has full permissions to this directory. This
is server 2003 , iis6.0 and dotnet 2.0

Thomas Sun [MSFT]

Hi Jerry,

ASP.NET web service will use the folder 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP' to contain
temporary serialization assembly by default, and ASP.NET requires
Read/write/delete rights on that folder. So please ensure we grant Network
Service proper rights on that folder firstly.

Besides, please install latest service pack 2 for .Net Framework 2.0 on
server.

You can also use Aspnet_regiis.exe with -i option to re-register .Net
Framework 2.0 on server.

#.For more information about Aspnet_regiis.exe, see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h(VS.80).aspx

#.To download Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2, see
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5B2C0358-915B-4EB5-
9B1D-10E506DA9D0F&displaylang=en

I look forward to receiving your test results.

Best Regards,
Thomas Sun

Microsoft Online Partner Support

ications.

With newsgroups, MSDN subscribers enjoy unlimited, free support as opposed
to the limited number of phone-based technical support incidents. Complex
issues or server-down situations are not recommended for the newsgroups.
Issues of this nature are best handled working with a Microsoft Support
Engineer using one of your phone-based incidents.

--------------------

| Some aditional information on this. the application directory under
| "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files"
is
| not created. The Network Service has full permissions to this directory.
This
| is server 2003 , iis6.0 and dotnet 2.0
| --
| Jerry
|

| "Jerry C" wrote:
|
| > I have a asp.net application that has been running several months
without
| > error and now I am getting this error: "Could not find file
| > 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\awbwxpt6.dll'" . The app has a .asmx file that may be
| > recompiling.
| >
| > There are no .dll files in the TEMP directory so they may not be
created.
| > Should this page be recompiling all the time. Could the app be
resetting.
| > How do I troubleshoot this problem.
| >
| > Thank you for your help.
| > --
| > Jerry

Jerry C

Thomas,

Thank you for the reply.

We checked the rights to the TEMP directory and deleted the application
directory in Temporary ASP.NET Files" directory then rebooted and the app was
ok.

We have the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1
in the machine.

The Question is do we still need to apply the framework 2.0 sp2.

Thank you,

Thomas Sun [MSFT]

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your response.

Please also apply the .Net Framework 2.0 sp2 which provides cumulative
updates for customer reported issues found after the release of the .NET
Framework 2.0.

---
Best Regards,
Thomas Sun

Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------

| Thomas,
|
| Thank you for the reply.
|
| We checked the rights to the TEMP directory and deleted the application
| directory in Temporary ASP.NET Files" directory then rebooted and the app
was
| ok.
|
| We have the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1
| in the machine.
|
| The Question is do we still need to apply the framework 2.0 sp2.
|
| Thank you,
|

| --
| Jerry
|

| "Thomas Sun [MSFT]" wrote:
|
| > Hi Jerry,
| >
| > ASP.NET web service will use the folder 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP' to contain
| > temporary serialization assembly by default, and ASP.NET requires
| > Read/write/delete rights on that folder. So please ensure we grant
Network
| > Service proper rights on that folder firstly.
| >
| > Besides, please install latest service pack 2 for .Net Framework 2.0 on
| > server.
| >
| > You can also use Aspnet_regiis.exe with -i option to re-register .Net
| > Framework 2.0 on server.
| >
| > #.For more information about Aspnet_regiis.exe, see
| > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h(VS.80).aspx
| >
| > #.To download Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2, see

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5B2C0358-915B-4EB5-
| > 9B1D-10E506DA9D0F&displaylang=en
| >

| > I look forward to receiving your test results.
| >

| > Best Regards,
| > Thomas Sun
| >
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > ications.
| >
| > With newsgroups, MSDN subscribers enjoy unlimited, free support as
opposed
| > to the limited number of phone-based technical support incidents.
Complex
| > issues or server-down situations are not recommended for the
newsgroups.
| > Issues of this nature are best handled working with a Microsoft Support
| > Engineer using one of your phone-based incidents.
| > ==================================================

rights.

| > --------------------
| > |
| > | Some aditional information on this. the application directory under
| > | "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files"
| > is
| > | not created. The Network Service has full permissions to this
directory.
| > This
| > | is server 2003 , iis6.0 and dotnet 2.0
| > | --