"Error Creating Control" when creating a custom control (Design Time). Can't see tooltip message.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ravi Ambros Wallau, Jun 1, 2005.

  1. Hi:
    I've created a custom control - a grid that uses Infragistics to display
    some filters, the grid itself, and some buttons.
    Well, when using this control directly on WebForm, everything works
    really fine. No problems at all.
    But, when this control is placed inside a template of an Infragistics
    UltraWebTab control, somethings stranges happens:
    1. When the WebForm is opened, an "Error Creating Control" message is
    displayed (for container control, the UltraWebTab one), and I can't see no
    detailed error message (a tooltip is not displayed);
    2. If I go to HTML view and back, the control is displayed;
    3. But, if I change anything on the page, the "Error Creating Control" is
    displayed again... And, this time, the reference for the control is removed
    from the source code, for that page.

    I'm stuck. Does anybody knows how to display a detalied error message
    instead of the useless "Error Creating Control"?
    There's something really wrong, but I'm not a lucky man to guess what's
    wrong without knowing what's happening.

    Thanks,
    Ravi.
    Ravi Ambros Wallau, Jun 1, 2005