Error:Cryptographic service provider (CSP) could not be found

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gabor, Dec 22, 2004.

  1. Gabor

    Gabor Guest

    Hi All,

    In my aspnet app. I'm using forms authentication. This site works on many
    intranet.

    On one place I got the crypto service provider error with the following
    stack trace, that I didn't get before elsewhere.

    In this site the op system is WinXP with sp2.

    Stack Trace:

    [CryptographicException: Cryptographic service provider (CSP) could not be
    found for this algorithm.]
    System.Security.Cryptography.DESCryptoServiceProvider..ctor() +239
    System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.Initialize() +242
    System.Web.Security.FormsAuthenticationModule.OnEnter(Object source,
    EventArgs eventArgs) +146
    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.Execute() +60
    completedSynchronously) +87

    Does abybody can give me some advice what have I do?
    Does anybody experenced similar error?

    Thanks in advance

    Gabor
    Gabor, Dec 22, 2004