ERROR CS0234: The type or namespace name 'DataAccessHelper' does not exist in the namespace 'BCC' (a

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by li.eddie@gmail.com, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi All,
    I'm new to ASP.NET and trying to create a Database application with
    MS Visual Web Dev 2005. In my project, I wrote a generic abstract class
    called DataAccessHelper.cs under App_Code folder which handles all the
    Database related work, so all my WebForm classes can inherit from it
    and consume its functions.
    Inside the dev env, when I press F5, it launches the browser with
    http://localhost:2739 and everything shows up as expected. However,
    when I try to access it through a regular port 80, I get the following
    error:

    Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name
    'DataAccessHelper' does not exist in the namespace 'BCC' (are you
    missing an assembly reference?)

    Source Error:
    Line 12: namespace BCC
    Line 13: {
    Line 14: public partial class AddNewProgram : BCC.DataAccessHelper
    Line 15: {
    Line 16: int startTimeParam = 0;

    I have searched the web for this error without much progress, but I did
    get an impression that the helper class needs to be built into a
    library and placed under application's root directory, so tried, but
    still didn't work. This is the part where I'm very confused.

    Can someone please help me with this?

    Thanks in advance!
    , Jan 6, 2006