Error deploying web service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Lucas Ponzo, Aug 17, 2006.

  1. Lucas Ponzo

    Lucas Ponzo Guest

    I have used in many applications my library for sqlClient data access and
    have no problem at the production server. Noe thye diference is:

    I have an bussiness layer, that references sqlClient, and use the same
    library as aI used many times that uses sqlClient too.

    I built a web service, that consumes the bussiness layer and a web page that
    consumes the web service.

    On the local machine every thing works fine. But on the production server
    the following exception was thrown:

    Server was unable to process request. ---> Request for the permission of
    type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission, System.Data,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

    What is it and how to solve ?

    I tryed:

    [SqlClientPermission(System.Security.Permissions.SecurityAction.PermitOnly,
    Unrestricted=true)]
    before the class ...

    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission pSql = new
    SqlClientPermission(System.Security.Permissions.PermissionState.Unrestricted);
    pSql.Assert();

    in the code ...

    None work ... how to use these configurations and what can I do at server
    side to put it to work ???

    Thanks,

    --
    Lucas Ponzo