ERROR Failed to flush writer, java.io.InterruptedIOException

laredotornado

Hi,

I'm running Java 1.5 on Weblogic 9.2.2 (Solaris 9). During the
execution of my program, I'm getting this error ...

log4j:ERROR Failed to flush writer,
java.io.InterruptedIOException
at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:260)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.writeBytes
(StreamEncoder.java:336)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.implFlushBuffer
(StreamEncoder.java:404)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.implFlush
(StreamEncoder.java:408)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flush(StreamEncoder.java:152)
at java.io_OutputStreamWriter.flush(OutputStreamWriter.java:
213)
at org.apache.log4j.helpers.QuietWriter.flush(QuietWriter.java:
57)
at org.apache.log4j.WriterAppender.subAppend
(WriterAppender.java:315)
at org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender.subAppend
(DailyRollingFileAppender.java:358)
at org.apache.log4j.WriterAppender.append(WriterAppender.java:
159)
at org.apache.log4j.AppenderSkeleton.doAppend
(AppenderSkeleton.java:230)
at
org.apache.log4j.helpers.AppenderAttachableImpl.appendLoopOnAppenders
(AppenderAttachableImpl.java:65)
at org.apache.log4j.Category.callAppenders(Category.java:203)
at org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:388)
at org.apache.log4j.Category.debug(Category.java:257)
at com.myco.safariview.cedarpoint.connector.CPThreadedLogin.run
(CPThreadedLogin.java:119)

It is happening on this line:

log.debug(this.cpSwitchAttributes.getCLLI() + " exiting id=" +
createTime);

Per a suggestion I read online, I checked to see if I have enough disk
space, and it appears I do ...

orma3% df /
/ (/dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/rootvol): 1587550 blocks
253027 files

Any other ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem? Thanks, - Dave

John B. Matthews

laredotornado said:
I'm running Java 1.5 on Weblogic 9.2.2 (Solaris 9). During the
execution of my program, I'm getting this error ...

log4j:ERROR Failed to flush writer,
java.io.InterruptedIOException [...]
It is happening on this line:

log.debug(this.cpSwitchAttributes.getCLLI() + " exiting id=" +
createTime);

Per a suggestion I read online, I checked to see if I have enough disk
space, and it appears I do ...

orma3% df /
(/dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/rootvol): 1587550 blocks 253027 files

Any other ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem? Thanks, - Dave

You might check permissions along the path to the log file. Also, `df /`
describes free space on the root file system. You should probably check
the filesystem that contains the log file, perhaps using `du`.

John B. Matthews

rossum said:
laredotornado said:
I'm running Java 1.5 on Weblogic 9.2.2 (Solaris 9). During the
execution of my program, I'm getting this error ...

log4j:ERROR Failed to flush writer,
java.io.InterruptedIOException [...]
It is happening on this line:

log.debug(this.cpSwitchAttributes.getCLLI() + " exiting id=" +
createTime);

Per a suggestion I read online, I checked to see if I have enough
disk space, and it appears I do ...

orma3% df /
(/dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/rootvol): 1587550 blocks 253027 files

Any other ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem? Thanks, - Dave

You might check permissions along the path to the log file. Also,
`df /` describes free space on the root file system. You should
probably check the filesystem that contains the log file, perhaps
using `du`.
In addition to John's excellent suggestions have you checked the size
of the log file itself? Is there a maximum file size that cannot be
exceeded that your logfile has hit? Log files do tend to grow bigger
over time.

Good point; thank you for expanding on this. I have come to rely on
logrotate under Linux, and I see that Solaris 9 has a convenient new
administrative feature, lagadm:

<http://docsun.cites.uiuc.edu/sun_docs/C/solaris_9/SUNWaadm/SYSADV2/p91.html>