Error form control XXXcontrol is not a member of form

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jennifer Mathews, Jul 26, 2010.

  1. Visual Studio 2008 vb.Net .net 3.5

    I have a solution in a directory called
    c:\HereIam\webSiteName\websiteName
    It compiles and publishes perfectly.

    I created a new solution in
    c:\mySrc\websiteName\websiteName

    I copied all the files from c:\HereIam\webSiteName
    except the solution & project (vbproj & vbproj.user) files.

    I am adding each page to the NEW solution one by one.
    As long as the NEW solution only contains hyperlinks it compiles perfectly.

    As soon as I add pages that contain controls it get the error:

    Error 1 'hdnIsFirstTimeThru' is not a member of
    'websiteName.websiteName_Public_Webinar_UCs_ucDDL_Wb_Sched'.

    "hdnIsFirstTimeThru" being a hidden field on the webpage.
    The webpages do use user controls.

    It displays this message for EVERY control in every user-control.

    I read on the internet that it is best to create new pages and
    copy and paste the original code into the newly created pages.
    Considering this is a farily big project, that would probably take
    a week or two to complete.

    Is there another solution?

    Thanks
    Jennifer Mathews, Jul 26, 2010

  2. Jennifer Mathews

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    On 7/26/2010 9:22 AM, Jennifer Mathews wrote:
    > Visual Studio 2008 vb.Net .net 3.5
    >
    > I have a solution in a directory called
    > c:\HereIam\webSiteName\websiteName
    > It compiles and publishes perfectly.
    >
    > I created a new solution in
    > c:\mySrc\websiteName\websiteName
    >
    > I copied all the files from c:\HereIam\webSiteName
    > except the solution & project (vbproj & vbproj.user) files.
    >
    > I am adding each page to the NEW solution one by one.
    > As long as the NEW solution only contains hyperlinks it compiles perfectly.
    >
    > As soon as I add pages that contain controls it get the error:
    >
    > Error 1 'hdnIsFirstTimeThru' is not a member of
    > 'websiteName.websiteName_Public_Webinar_UCs_ucDDL_Wb_Sched'.
    >
    > "hdnIsFirstTimeThru" being a hidden field on the webpage.
    > The webpages do use user controls.
    >
    > It displays this message for EVERY control in every user-control.
    >
    > I read on the internet that it is best to create new pages and
    > copy and paste the original code into the newly created pages.
    > Considering this is a farily big project, that would probably take
    > a week or two to complete.
    >
    > Is there another solution?

    Get the Namespace used in control's Designer to match the Namespace the
    project is now under. Also look at where namespace reference is pointing
    to on the HTML code.
    Mr. Arnold, Jul 26, 2010

  3. Thank you for the reply.

    > Get the Namespace used in control's Designer to match the Namespace the project is now
    > under. Also look at where namespace reference is pointing to on the HTML code.

    They are the same. I just changed the location the folders were in from
    c:\xx1\webSiteName\webSiteName
    c:\xx2\webSiteName\webSiteName

    Anything else you can think of?

    Jennifer Mathews, Jul 26, 2010
  4. Jennifer Mathews

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Jennifer Mathews" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you for the reply.
    >
    >> Get the Namespace used in control's Designer to match the Namespace the
    >> project is now under. Also look at where namespace reference is pointing
    >> to on the HTML code.

    > They are the same. I just changed the location the folders were in from
    > c:\xx1\webSiteName\webSiteName
    > c:\xx2\webSiteName\webSiteName
    >
    > Anything else you can think of?

    Are sure you're not having some kind of 'runat="server"' tag problem on the
    control?
    Mr. Arnold, Jul 26, 2010
  5. It was strictly a copy and paste.

    Jennifer Mathews, Jul 28, 2010
  6. Jennifer Mathews

    MARK GARZON Guest

    Re: On 7/26/2010 9:22 AM, Jennifer Mathews wrote:Get the Namespace usedin

    Hi I read about your problem "is not a member of". Could you found a solution??, I appreciate if you guide me with this problem.

    Regards

    MARK GARZON, Feb 3, 2011
  7. Jennifer Mathews

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "MARK GARZON" <> wrote in message
    > Hi I read about your problem "is not a member of". Could you found a
    > solution??, I appreciate if you guide me
    > with this problem.

    I don't know whether Jennifer ever found a satisfactory solution, but I've
    had a similar problem once and it turned out to be because of an old dll
    file. So I'd suggest doing a clean on your solution, then (before building)
    deleting everything from all the bin folders in your solution and then try
    recompiling. (You can delete the bin folders but its best to restart visual
    studio if you do that.) What this will ensure is that you don't have any old
    compilations left, as I suspect that's the cause of the problem.

    Needless to say be sure to take a copy before you delete stuff.

    Hope this helps.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian