    mysql to create tabel via Hibernate.

    Thank
    Duke
    Duke, May 12, 2008

  2. Duke

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Duke wrote:
    > I am using Hibernate, Mysql to create Hello World Application
    > (Message)
    > i am getting a error message
    > (org.hibernate.cfg.annotations.Version).
    > javax.persistence.PersistenceException:
    > org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not insert:
    > [Hello.Message]
    > did i have to give special permision to the database create in the
    > mysql to create tabel via Hibernate.

    The error indicates an SQL syntax error not a permission problem.

    Configure log4j to output from hibernate and configure
    hibernate to log SQL statements, then I am sure that you
    will be able to track the bug.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, May 13, 2008

  3. Duke

    Jan Thomä Guest

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 21:05:52 -0400 Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    > Duke wrote:
    >> I am using Hibernate, Mysql to create Hello World Application
    >> (Message)
    >> i am getting a error message
    >> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
    >> (org.hibernate.cfg.annotations.Version).
    >> log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
    >> javax.persistence.PersistenceException:
    >> org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not insert:
    >> [Hello.Message]

    > The error indicates an SQL syntax error not a permission problem.
    >
    > Configure log4j to output from hibernate and configure
    > hibernate to log SQL statements, then I am sure that you
    > will be able to track the bug.

    Adding some source code would also help finding out the problem...

    Jan
    Jan Thomä, May 14, 2008
  4. Duke

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Jan Thomä wrote:
    > On Mon, 12 May 2008 21:05:52 -0400 Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    >> Duke wrote:
    >>> I am using Hibernate, Mysql to create Hello World Application
    >>> (Message)
    >>> i am getting a error message
    >>> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
    >>> (org.hibernate.cfg.annotations.Version).
    >>> log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
    >>> javax.persistence.PersistenceException:
    >>> org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not insert:
    >>> [Hello.Message]

    >> The error indicates an SQL syntax error not a permission problem.
    >>
    >> Configure log4j to output from hibernate and configure
    >> hibernate to log SQL statements, then I am sure that you
    >> will be able to track the bug.

    > Adding some source code would also help finding out the problem...

    Maybe.

    But I am not familiar enough with Hibernate to manual translate
    Java code to the SQL generated by Hibernate.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, May 15, 2008