ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Te

bazzer

hey,
i am using visual basic.net 2003 and have an ASP.NET webform
application thats accessing a microsoft access 2003 database. i kept
getting the following error when i tried to run it:

ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error
Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process
0x8fc Thread 0x934 DBC 0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC
Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000]
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x8fc Thread
0x934 DBC 0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft
Access Driver] Could not use '(unknown)'; file already in use. ERROR
[HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable
to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x8fc
Thread 0x934 DBC 0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC
Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key
'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x8fc Thread 0x934 DBC
0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]
Could not use '(unknown)'; file already in use.

from line 112 of the following code:

Line 110: AreaDataSet11.Clear()
Line 111: CinemaDataSet21.Clear()
Line 112: OdbcDataAdapter1.Fill(AreaDataSet11)
Line 113: DropDownList1.DataBind()

but i deleted the database by accident from the data connections in the
server explorer window, and now it works fine. can anyone tell me why
its working now? im delighted that it is working but am afraid that
this is only a quick fix, and that it wont work on other computers or
when i try to deploy my finished application.

any help appreciated.