Error I don't understand

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jeff, Jan 17, 2006.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Ok gang. Here is one I haven't seen before.
    I have a page that creates an image with text put on it using persists. he
    text is based on a variable.
    It has been working perfectly fine until today. now i get this error.

    Persits.Jpeg.1 error '800a000d'

    Not enough storage is available to process this command.

    /GIG/past_results2.asp, line 64

    Here is line 64

    TitleWidth = Jpeg.Canvas.GetTextExtent( "Meeting #"&var )

    var = request.querystring("meeting")

    it is passed from a previous page. As i stated, it was working perfectly
    until now. Is it possible that a folder has reached it's limits on how many
    files it can contain or something??

    Jeff

    Jeff, Jan 17, 2006

  2. Jeff

    Guest

    , Jan 17, 2006

  3. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Jeff, Jan 17, 2006
  4. Jeff

    Jevon Guest

    Is this a dedicated machine? Have you checked for harddrive space and/or
    temp file directories? For how long has it been working perfectly fine?

    Jevon

    Jevon, Jan 17, 2006
  5. Jeff

    Jevon, Jan 17, 2006
  6. Jeff wrote:
    > Ok gang. Here is one I haven't seen before.
    > I have a page that creates an image with text put on it using
    > persists. he text is based on a variable.
    > It has been working perfectly fine until today. now i get this error.
    >
    > Persits.Jpeg.1 error '800a000d'
    >
    > Not enough storage is available to process this command.
    >
    > /GIG/past_results2.asp, line 64
    >
    > Here is line 64
    >
    > TitleWidth = Jpeg.Canvas.GetTextExtent( "Meeting #"&var )

    I've never used Persits so i have no clue. But here are the results of a
    google search:

    http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=gd&q=800a000d Persits

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 17, 2006
  7. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    This is on a host server that i lease, and have had for over 3 years now.
    It worked fine for the last year. I have done nothing to that page or
    script.

    Jeff, Jan 17, 2006
  8. Jeff

    Jevon Guest

    Well it sounds like it's filled up a temp drive/folder - maybe ask your host
    to check disk space and clear out temp files?
    A quick search found harddrive space might be an issue, others reported a
    restart fixed it, which might have caused a clean up too.

    Jevon

    Jevon, Jan 17, 2006
  9. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Ok. the problem was on the server side. they said they made the folder an
    application, and that fixed it. can someone explain what that means??

    Jeff, Jan 17, 2006
  10. Jeff wrote:
    > Ok. the problem was on the server side. they said they made the
    > folder an application, and that fixed it. can someone explain what
    > that means??

    In the IIS console, a folder can be designated as the root of an
    "application", which means it gets its own resources (such as session
    variables) and can make use of its own global.asa.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Jan 18, 2006
  11. Jeff