Error I don't understand

Jeff

Ok gang. Here is one I haven't seen before.
I have a page that creates an image with text put on it using persists. he
text is based on a variable.
It has been working perfectly fine until today. now i get this error.

Persits.Jpeg.1 error '800a000d'

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

/GIG/past_results2.asp, line 64

Here is line 64

TitleWidth = Jpeg.Canvas.GetTextExtent( "Meeting #"&var )

var = request.querystring("meeting")

it is passed from a previous page. As i stated, it was working perfectly
until now. Is it possible that a folder has reached it's limits on how many
files it can contain or something??

Jeff

Jevon

Is this a dedicated machine? Have you checked for harddrive space and/or
temp file directories? For how long has it been working perfectly fine?

Jevon

Jevon

Is this a dedicated machine? Have you checked for harddrive space and/or
temp file directories? For how long has it been working perfectly fine?

Jevon

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Jeff said:
Ok gang. Here is one I haven't seen before.
I have a page that creates an image with text put on it using
persists. he text is based on a variable.
It has been working perfectly fine until today. now i get this error.

Persits.Jpeg.1 error '800a000d'

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

/GIG/past_results2.asp, line 64

Here is line 64

TitleWidth = Jpeg.Canvas.GetTextExtent( "Meeting #"&var )
I've never used Persits so i have no clue. But here are the results of a
google search:

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=gd&q=800a000d+Persits

Jeff

This is on a host server that i lease, and have had for over 3 years now.
It worked fine for the last year. I have done nothing to that page or
script.

Jevon

Well it sounds like it's filled up a temp drive/folder - maybe ask your host
to check disk space and clear out temp files?
A quick search found harddrive space might be an issue, others reported a
restart fixed it, which might have caused a clean up too.

Jevon

Jeff

Ok. the problem was on the server side. they said they made the folder an
application, and that fixed it. can someone explain what that means??

Dave Anderson

Jeff said:
Ok. the problem was on the server side. they said they made the
folder an application, and that fixed it. can someone explain what
that means??

In the IIS console, a folder can be designated as the root of an
"application", which means it gets its own resources (such as session
variables) and can make use of its own global.asa.

--
Dave Anderson

Jeff

ok cool. thanks for that

Dave Anderson said:
In the IIS console, a folder can be designated as the root of an
"application", which means it gets its own resources (such as session
variables) and can make use of its own global.asa.

--
Dave Anderson

Unsolicited commercial email will be read at a cost of $500 per message.
Use of this email address implies consent to these terms. Please do not
contact me directly or ask me to contact you directly for assistance. If
your question is worth asking, it's worth posting.