Error importing cgi module

Discussion in 'Python' started by Sam Crow, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Sam Crow

    Sam Crow Guest

    Hello,

    having a little problem loading python modules.. here is the output
    from the interactive environment notice import sys worked correctly.
    when I do a search in the lib driectory for cgi i can find the modules
    there as well

    >>> import sys
    >>> import cgi

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/cgi.py", line 39, in ?
    import urllib
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/urllib.py", line 26, in ?
    import socket
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/socket.py", line 41, in ?
    from _socket import *
    ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
    /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.0: symbol __eprintf: referenced symbol not
    found

    any thoughts?

    Thank you,
    Sam Crow
    Sam Crow, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Sam Crow wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > having a little problem loading python modules.. here is the output
    > from the interactive environment notice import sys worked correctly.
    > when I do a search in the lib driectory for cgi i can find the modules
    > there as well

    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    > File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/cgi.py", line 39, in ?
    > import urllib
    > File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/urllib.py", line 26, in ?
    > import socket
    > File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/socket.py", line 41, in ?
    > from _socket import *
    > ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
    > /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.0: symbol __eprintf: referenced symbol not
    > found
    >
    > any thoughts?

    Your Python is built with SSL support and the wrong SSL libraries are
    picked up. If you got your Python binaries elsewhere, that may be the
    problem. You can build Python yourself in this case.

    Or maybe you installed a second OpenSSL yourself recently in
    /usr/local/lib and this is causing you problems now?

    -- Gerhard
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Gerhard Häring wrote:
    > Your Python is built with SSL support and the wrong SSL libraries are
    > picked up. If you got your Python binaries elsewhere, that may be the
    > problem. You can build Python yourself in this case. [...]

    That should have been: "If you've got your Python binaries *from*
    elsewhere ..."

    -- Gerhard
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=, Jun 27, 2003