Error importing mxTidy

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mike Hostetler, Sep 7, 2008.

  1. I built and installed mx-experimental 3.0.0 from source and it seemed to go
    fine. But when I try to import it, I get this:

    localhost% python -c "import mx.Tidy"
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<string>", line 1, in ?
    File "mx/Tidy/__init__.py", line 7, in ?
    from Tidy import *
    File "mx/Tidy/Tidy.py", line 7, in ?
    from mxTidy import *
    File "mx/Tidy/mxTidy/__init__.py", line 7, in ?
    from mxTidy import *
    ImportError: No module named mxTidy

    This seems strange to me, since it found the mx.Tidy module but not the mxTidy
    module underneath it. But I guess I don't know how the mx-experimental classes
    are put together, so I can't really guess what is happening. Thus I am posting
    here. :)

    Mike Hostetler, Sep 7, 2008

  2. On 2008-09-07 15:00, Mike Hostetler wrote:
    > I built and installed mx-experimental 3.0.0 from source and it seemed to go
    > fine. But when I try to import it, I get this:
    >
    > localhost% python -c "import mx.Tidy"
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "<string>", line 1, in ?
    > File "mx/Tidy/__init__.py", line 7, in ?
    > from Tidy import *
    > File "mx/Tidy/Tidy.py", line 7, in ?
    > from mxTidy import *
    > File "mx/Tidy/mxTidy/__init__.py", line 7, in ?
    > from mxTidy import *
    > ImportError: No module named mxTidy
    >
    > This seems strange to me, since it found the mx.Tidy module but not the mxTidy
    > module underneath it. But I guess I don't know how the mx-experimental classes
    > are put together, so I can't really guess what is happening. Thus I am posting
    > here. :)

    Which platform are you using ?

    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Sep 08 2008)

    M.-A. Lemburg, Sep 8, 2008