    message. any idea how to fix this security related error?????

    Regards,

    BizWorld

    BizWorld, Dec 7, 2005

  2. BizWorld

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:53:07 -0500, "BizWorld" <> wrote:

    ¤ i have an access 2000 database in a shared folder at network. i have to pull
    ¤ data out of it to process.
    ¤
    ¤ If i use Window application, it worked fine. but i need to use it in
    ¤ ASP.net. OleDB Connection fails and say
    ¤ it is not a valid path or make sure file exist. I added identity impersonate
    ¤ tag in web.config file plus i used "system" user in Machine.config file for
    ¤ processModel tag. it worked now on my local development only. If some one
    ¤ try to run web page from other machine, it again fails with the same
    ¤ message. any idea how to fix this security related error?????

    Is the database on the same machine as the web server? What type of authentication is your web
    application using?

    Paul
    ~~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

    Paul Clement, Dec 8, 2005

  3. BizWorld

    BizWorld Guest

    Web server is diff machine, and DB is on a diff machine at network share.
    Web server use NT AUthentication.
    anonymous is disable. Web server is not external web server. it is an
    intranet application.

    Regards,

    BizWorld

    BizWorld, Dec 8, 2005
  4. BizWorld

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 11:01:25 -0500, "BizWorld" <> wrote:

    ¤ Web server is diff machine, and DB is on a diff machine at network share.
    ¤ Web server use NT AUthentication.
    ¤ anonymous is disable. Web server is not external web server. it is an
    ¤ intranet application.
    ¤

    In another post you mentioned you were using a mapped path. You should be using a UNC path name
    instead. In addition, Integrated Windows Security will not enable security delegation to a remote
    machine w/o using Kerberos. The following delegation scenarios may help:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...y/en-us/vsent7/html/vxconASPNETDelegation.asp

    Paul
    ~~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)