Error in accessing the application after delpoying on server!

chandan

My application works fine on developmet server,but when I deploy this
application usitn VS websetup then try to access then this error
occurs.

Error:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The directory '/eChartbook/
App_GlobalResources/' is not allowed because the application is
precompiled.] ???

I am not able to find the error?? Point out the problem area!

Thanks,
Chandan kumar

chandan

My application works fine on developmet server,but when I deploy this
application usitn VS websetup then try to access then this error
occurs.

Error:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The directory '/eChartbook/
App_GlobalResources/' is not allowed because the application is
precompiled.] ???

I am not able to find the error?? Point out the problem area!

Thanks,
Chandan kumar

Hi I got the solution:

This error can occur when running an application deployed and
installed by the MSI Deployment Installer. The MSI Deployment
Installer creates a PrecompiledApp.config file that causes this error
at run-time.

Solution
Delete the PrecompiledApp.config file and re-start your application.

http://www.ironspeed.com/Designer/4...ry_XXX_App_GlobalResources_is_not_allowed.htm

Thanks,
Chandan

Sanket Sirotiya

hi

set value EnableViewStateMAC=false in web.config