Error in COM+ while migrating from 2000 Server to 2000 Advace Server

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Adhik, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. Adhik

    Adhik Guest

    Hi,
    I have one 3 tier architecture application running on Windows 2000 Server.

    I have created replica of same machine on another machine where OS is
    Windows 2000 Advance Server.

    But when I port same running application on new machine i.e. Machine with OS
    as Windows 2000 Advance Server, my middle tier (Active-X Dll, COM+
    application) fails.

    It throws common error
    Invalid Procedure Call or argument

    What could be the problem? Do I need to change any settings for running
    application on Windows 2000 advance Server.

    Thanks in advance, waiting for reply
    Regards
    Adhik
    Adhik, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Where does it fail? on all function calls? Perhaps the function has some
    machine specific/network specific code -- such as calling to Internet, etc.
    Also, you might be missing some libraries this component depends on.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netBooks

    Manohar Kamath [MVP], Sep 5, 2003