    need the custom action though. One note... I've recently updated from VS2005
    to '08. The solution still targets the 2.0 framework though.

    Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.
    Monty, Jan 20, 2008

  2. Hi Monty,

    From your description and the error message you provided, it does indicate
    that the setup program is looking for the installer type in your custom
    action.

    As you mentioned that it used to work, then, is it after you move it to VS
    2008(and rebuild) that the problem start occuring? Also, as for the
    <MY_APPLICATION>.dll , have you also move that project into VS 2008 and
    rebuild it? I'm wondering whether thre is something mismatch with the setup
    program and the main application assembly(an the one that contains the
    custom action installer type). You may try build both of them through the
    same IDE.

    btw, if your setup program is targeting only .net framework 2.0, you can
    also open the "properties" of the setup project and check the
    "prerequisites", by default, .net framework 3.5 is selected as
    prerequisites for VS 2008 setup project, you may also remove it.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    >From: "Monty" <>
    >Subject: Error in install package: Error 1001. Unable to get installer

    types in the Inv2_web.dll assembly
    >Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:01:03 -0500
    >
    >I have an installation package for my web application which has worked

    well.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 21, 2008