    it said to report the error but no matter how many times i clicked ok
    it kept coming up with the same error. So I closed NetBeans via the
    red cross at the top left. What can I do to fix this? Netbeans 5.5.1

    Albert, Dec 16, 2007

  2. Albert

    Mark Space Guest

    Albert wrote:
    > Yesterday I tried building a project but it never built because at the
    > bottom right of the screen was a bar labelled Scanning Project Paths
    > that got to 33%, then scanned the project paths again to 33% and there
    > was this flashing red arrow pointing to it. I clicked on the arrow and
    > it said to report the error but no matter how many times i clicked ok
    > it kept coming up with the same error. So I closed NetBeans via the
    > red cross at the top left. What can I do to fix this? Netbeans 5.5.1

    You are using NB 5.5.1? Try version 6, it just came out. If the error
    persists, you'd be much more likely to get that error addressed by the
    NB community.

    Mark Space, Dec 16, 2007

  3. Albert, 16.12.2007 21:40:
    > Yesterday I tried building a project but it never built because at the
    > bottom right of the screen was a bar labelled Scanning Project Paths
    > that got to 33%, then scanned the project paths again to 33% and there
    > was this flashing red arrow pointing to it. I clicked on the arrow and
    > it said to report the error but no matter how many times i clicked ok
    > it kept coming up with the same error. So I closed NetBeans via the
    > red cross at the top left. What can I do to fix this? Netbeans 5.5.1

    This is usually a sign of a corrupted cache in the userdir.
    Try to delete the "var" sub-directory in your userdir. If that doesn't
    help you probably need to delete the whole contents of the userdir, but
    that will also delete all your configuration settings (fonts, colors etc).

    For more information about the userdir check out this link:
    http://wiki.netbeans.info/wiki/view/FaqWhatIsUserdir

    Thomas

    Thomas Kellerer, Dec 17, 2007