error in non-existing code?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Thomas Newman, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. Hi all,

    I have added a few files to my project in eric3. When I want to open the
    tree that (supposedly) shows me the classes, I get an error:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/UI/Browser.py", line 310, in
    setOpen
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/pyclbr.py", line 447, in readmodule_ex

    KeyError: 'TimerSelectionWidget'

    (TimerSelectionWidget is the first class I declare in the file)

    I wanted to look at the code that gives me the error, but there is no
    line 447 in /usr/lib/python2.3/pyclbr.py:

    > wc -l /usr/lib/python2.3/pyclbr.py

    344 /usr/lib/python2.3/pyclbr.py

    That confuses me. Any suggestions?

    TTN
    Thomas Newman, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Thomas Newman wrote:

    > I wanted to look at the code that gives me the error, but there is no
    > line 447 in /usr/lib/python2.3/pyclbr.py:

    Try deleting pyclbr.py[co].
    --
    Michael Hoffman
    Michael Hoffman, Feb 17, 2005

  3. Michael Hoffman wrote:

    > Thomas Newman wrote:
    >
    >> I wanted to look at the code that gives me the error, but there is no
    >> line 447 in /usr/lib/python2.3/pyclbr.py:

    > Try deleting pyclbr.py[co].

    No change there.

    ttn
    Thomas Newman, Feb 19, 2005
  4. [solved] Re: error in non-existing code?

    Thomas Newman wrote:

    >Michael Hoffman wrote:
    >

    >>Thomas Newman wrote:
    >>

    >>>I wanted to look at the code that gives me the error, but there is no
    >>>line 447 in /usr/lib/python2.3/pyclbr.py:
    >>>

    >>Try deleting pyclbr.py[co].

    There were recursive imports, meaning file A imported file B and vice
    versa.
    Solving that issue removed the error.
    Still I find it confusing.

    ttn