Error in OLEDB Transaction

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Eitan, Apr 6, 2005.

  1. Eitan

    Eitan Guest

    Hello,

    I am using transaction in aspx code

    Set myCon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    myCon .Open = GetConString()

    myCon.BeginTrans

    call myCon.CommitTrans

    For a reason I don't know,

    I get the message (sometimes) :

    MICROSOFT OLE DB PROVIDER FOR SQL SERVER ERROR '80004005'

    What may be the reason for that message

    Thanks :)
    Eitan, Apr 6, 2005

  2. This is a very broad error code: E_FAIL. If it is not accompanied by anything
    else it would be pretty hard to find out what failed. You could also try to
    see what happens on the server when the failure is returned.

    =?Utf-8?B?Vk4=?=, Apr 7, 2005

  3. Eitan

    Avi Guest

    I didn't understand.
    Do you think the error related to the transaction somehow ?
    Would you help me find out what the error is ?

    Thanks :)

    Avi, Apr 7, 2005
  4. You put "transaction" into the subject, not me. As I said you should try to
    localize where it happens. Servers log may also be useful.

    =?Utf-8?B?Vk4=?=, Apr 8, 2005
  5. Eitan

    Tad Marshall Guest

    SQL Server sometimes puts helpful information in the Application event log.
    Try Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Event Viewer\Application and look in
    the Source column for MSSQLSERVER, look at all errors and warnings.

    Tad

    Tad Marshall, Apr 10, 2005