Error in OnBeforeUninstall preventing uninstall of web setup app

Guest

Hello,

I ran into a little trouble. I have been working on a web setup project and
I needed to be able to persist some info when projects were updated, so I
created some instructions in the onbeforeuninstall command to do this.

Long story short, I made a mistake in the the onbeforeuninstall event, and
it is preventing the app from uninstalling. I've tried to change the code
and "repair" the version, but .Net tells me that the file I'm using to repair
with has a different code base, and I need to use an installer with the same
code base, but clearly, that file is buggy, and won't fix the problem.

Anyone encounter anything like this before? Any advice would be greatly
appreciated at this point.

Guest

Okay,

I can just remove the web app folder and remove the virtual directory from
IIS manually, but does someone know how to remove the app from the Add or
Remove Programs dialog and/or the registry so that I can try to start over?

I can't seem to move forward until I can get rid of this bad file, and it
seems like I'm in a perpetual catch 22, I can't remove it until it's fixed
and I can't fix it until I can remove it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest

Okay,

I found the answer to my own problem, but figured I ought to post here in
case anyone else experiences the same thing.

If you hose the installation and need to get rid of the Add or Remove
programs entry, use the MSI Cleanup Utility

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Download is here

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

It won't remove the application, but it will remove the item from the Add or
Remove programs list.

Later,

Chris