Error in opening .ics file in outlook 2003 created using ASP.NET 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bali, Aug 8, 2008.

  1. Bali

    Bali Guest

    I have written code to create an .ics file and send it as an
    attachment in mail. Once the attachment is received in mail and I try
    to open it, I get the following error.

    "This error can appear if you have attempted to save a recurring Lunar
    appointment in iCalendar format.
    To avoid this error, set the appointment option to Gregorian instead
    of Lunar."

    Following are the contents of the .ics file

    BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    VERSION:2.0
    PRODID:-//hacksw/handcal//NONSGML v1.0//EN
    CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTSTART:20080830T080000Z
    DTEND:20080904T180000Z
    SUMMARY:Task - Test
    LOCATION:Office
    END:VEVENT
    END:VCALENDAR

    Could somebody please tell me what is wrong with this?

    Your help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    Sumeet
    Bali, Aug 8, 2008

  2. Bali

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    "Bali" <> wrote in message
    >I have written code to create an .ics file and send it as an
    > attachment in mail. Once the attachment is received in mail and I try
    > to open it, I get the following error.
    >
    > "This error can appear if you have attempted to save a recurring Lunar
    > appointment in iCalendar format.
    > To avoid this error, set the appointment option to Gregorian instead
    > of Lunar."
    >
    > Following are the contents of the .ics file
    >
    > BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    > VERSION:2.0
    > PRODID:-//hacksw/handcal//NONSGML v1.0//EN
    > CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
    > BEGIN:VEVENT
    > DTSTART:20080830T080000Z
    > DTEND:20080904T180000Z
    > SUMMARY:Task - Test
    > LOCATION:Office
    > END:VEVENT
    > END:VCALENDAR
    >
    > Could somebody please tell me what is wrong with this?
    >
    > Your help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Sumeet

    Did you try Google or Live Search at all??

    http://support.dimdim.com/browse/DEV-1430
    Jeff Dillon, Aug 10, 2008