Error in ParseExcel

newbie

I am trying to use a perl library "ParseExcel" and i get the following
error. This tells me that i don't have that module installed. Can
someone tell me if there is a way to find out what modules are
installed on my machine? Is it possible to install just a specific
module?
Thanks for ur help in advance.

../excel.pl /vobs/jem/platform/reportname.xls
Can't locate Spreadsheet/ParseExcel.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 .) at
../excel.pl line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./excel.pl line 4.

A. Sinan Unur

newbie said:
I am trying to use a perl library "ParseExcel" and i get the following
error. This tells me that i don't have that module installed.

Did you install it?
Can someone tell me if there is a way to find out what modules are
installed on my machine?

To test if a specific module is installed:

perl -MSpreadsheet::parseExcel -e 1

To find all installed modules, use ExtUtils::MakeMaker

http://search.cpan.org/~mschwern/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.30/lib/ExtUtils/Installed.pm

(Note: You'll need to install this module).
Is it possible to install just a specific module?

Of course. Have you browsed through the Perl documentation
installed on your machine?

perldoc perltoc

perldoc perlmodinstall

Have you read the posting guidelines for this group?
Thanks for ur help in advance.

Please spell properly. I do not know what 'ur' means (it means
tumor in Turkish, but I doubt you meant that).

Sinan

John

If you haven't already, you can download the module:

http://search.cpan.org/~kwitknr/Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.2603/ParseExcel.pm

chances are, you will also need IO, IO-Stringy, ...

( http://search.cpan.org/~dskoll/IO-stringy-2.110/ )

and OLE.

In my setup, I'm able to copy the module source to perl's include path
(any one of those directories you saw listed).

The CPAN entry for IO-Stringy includes info for installing it the way I
did, along with the more locked-down method.

John Campbell
Haddonfield,NJ

newbie

Thanks very much for your help. I was able to locate the modules and
solve the problem.

Regards.