Error in proxy when calling Web service with optional parameter

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by John Harkin, Apr 13, 2004.

  1. John Harkin

    John Harkin Guest

    Hi,
    I have a Com Server which has automation compatible data types and
    have used Microsoft Soap Toolkit to generate wsdl files etc.
    One of the methods i need to call has optional paramaters .
    I have been able to call this using a VB client which uses the
    toolkit.
    However using a vb.net client with a proxy generated using add web
    reference results in following error :

    "An unhandled exception of type
    'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in
    system.web.services.dll

    Additional information: SoapMapper: Restoring data into SoapMapper
    anyType failed
    "

    Is it possible use these proxys to call method with optional
    parameters.?
    If so is there something i'm missing?

    Regrds

    JOhn