error in python23.DLL

Aaron Prillaman

I've already posted on comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 w/no replies,
so i guess this is my next stop.

I'm running a win32 c++ program from a shortcut. When I run the program
from the build directory, it runs just fine, but when i run from the
shortcut it crashes. The libraries used by the program are direct draw
and python23. both of which are in the system32 folder. the actual
error that occurs is a direct draw error DDERR_INVALIDRECT(which is
passed the same rect as parameter when the program works and when it
doesn't). I'm linking the program w/the multithreaded DLL runtime
library (/MD.. i also used this to compile the python DLL). I think the
actual bug is somewhere in the python23.DLL, because when i build the
project without it, everything runs fine. One more thing, and I've
saved the best for last: When i compile the program w/debug symbols, the
error doesn't occur. So far i've been trying to figure out whats
overwriting my ddsurface(the only reason I can think of that
DDERR_INVALIDRECT is getting thrown). If anyone has any ideas on what
might cause this, i would much appreciate it.

thanks in advance