ERROR in running a service

afsheen

hi ....

iam using a DPAPI to encrypt a connection string and running a serviced
windows components ... when i run my web app that calls the serviced
component i get an error
Access to the registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DPAPIComp.DataProtectorComp is
denied.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the
registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DPAPIComp.DataProtectorComp is denied.

granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or
Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically
IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer,
choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the
appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the
boxes for the desired access.

ai ahve also tried giving permissions through regedt32 ... still getting
the same error .......