error in tkGlue.c when installing TK

mariakvelasco

Hello,

We are trying to install Tk-804.027_501 on Solaris 10 using Perl
version 5.8.4. We were able to create the makefile through the
command perl Makefile.PL; however, when running make, we are getting
errors regarding the file tkGlue.c

tkGlue.c: In function `do_comp':
tkGlue.c:5250: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_pregcomp' from
incompatible pointer type
tkGlue.c:5250: warning: passing arg 2 of `Perl_pregcomp' makes pointer
from integer without a cast
tkGlue.c:5250: too few arguments to function `Perl_pregcomp'
tkGlue.c: In function `Tcl_GetRegExpFromObj':
tkGlue.c:5319: `RXf_UTF8' undeclared (first use in this function)
tkGlue.c:5319: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
tkGlue.c:5319: for each function it appears in.)
tkGlue.c:5319: `RXf_PMf_FOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `tkGlue.o'

Is there anyone on here that is familiar with these errors or does
anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of these errors. We
would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!