error in tkGlue.c when installing TK

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by mariakvelasco@gmail.com, Nov 13, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    We are trying to install Tk-804.027_501 on Solaris 10 using Perl
    version 5.8.4. We were able to create the makefile through the
    command perl Makefile.PL; however, when running make, we are getting
    errors regarding the file tkGlue.c

    tkGlue.c: In function `do_comp':
    tkGlue.c:5250: warning: passing arg 1 of `Perl_pregcomp' from
    incompatible pointer type
    tkGlue.c:5250: warning: passing arg 2 of `Perl_pregcomp' makes pointer
    from integer without a cast
    tkGlue.c:5250: too few arguments to function `Perl_pregcomp'
    tkGlue.c: In function `Tcl_GetRegExpFromObj':
    tkGlue.c:5319: `RXf_UTF8' undeclared (first use in this function)
    tkGlue.c:5319: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    tkGlue.c:5319: for each function it appears in.)
    tkGlue.c:5319: `RXf_PMf_FOLD' undeclared (first use in this function)
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `tkGlue.o'

    Is there anyone on here that is familiar with these errors or does
    anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of these errors. We
    would really appreciate your help.

    Thanks!

    , Nov 13, 2007

  2. wrote in news:1194993418.499313.48790
    @t8g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

    > Hello,

    On the UseNet, impatience is not your friend.

    Sinan

    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>
    clpmisc guidelines: <URL:http://www.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc.shtml>