    but if i select a project from the project list and edit it, the validation controls fai
    does anybody has any idea why this is happenin
    -Shathish
    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhdGhpc2g=?=, Apr 27, 2004

  2. I have given up on validation controls for anything other than an add only
    form with a single pass. While I hate a server trip to validate, the
    controls are a bit too restrictive.

    The reason, or most likely reason, for the edit problem is the initial state
    is valid. I would have to see your example to give something less vague.

    Even if you do use validation controls, you should always do server side
    validation as a safety net. If someone spoofs your form, they can get
    garbage through the net if you do not.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!
    "Shathish" <> wrote in message
    > Hai
    > i have this problem with the validation controls
    > I have a asp.net page which is used to add and edit projects.
    > when i'm adding a project the validation controls are working fine
    > but if i select a project from the project list and edit it, the

    validation controls fail
    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 27, 2004

  3. well i'm using RequiredFieldValidator,CompareValidator and CustomValidator
    well i had doubt abt the view state so i did the followin
    EnableViewstate=false and EnableClientScript=false to all the validation control
    but even after that i'm not able to validate on edit mod
    using debug i found out that although the required fields are empty the fieldvalidators are returning true for the isvalid property
    i'm so confused with the result
    i really couldn't figure out how the field validators are returning true when the field are actually empt
    i used the following code in the routine that fired the postbac

    dim val as IValidato
    for each val in validator
    val.Validate(
    nex

    still the controls are not doing their job properl
    any help is really appreciate
    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhdGhpc2g=?=, Apr 27, 2004