Error in Validation

Guest

Ha
i have this problem with the validation control
I have a asp.net page which is used to add and edit projects
when i'm adding a project the validation controls are working fin
but if i select a project from the project list and edit it, the validation controls fai
does anybody has any idea why this is happenin
-Shathish

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

I have given up on validation controls for anything other than an add only
form with a single pass. While I hate a server trip to validate, the
controls are a bit too restrictive.

The reason, or most likely reason, for the edit problem is the initial state
is valid. I would have to see your example to give something less vague.

Even if you do use validation controls, you should always do server side
validation as a safety net. If someone spoofs your form, they can get
garbage through the net if you do not.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Guest

well i'm using RequiredFieldValidator,CompareValidator and CustomValidator
well i had doubt abt the view state so i did the followin
EnableViewstate=false and EnableClientScript=false to all the validation control
but even after that i'm not able to validate on edit mod
using debug i found out that although the required fields are empty the fieldvalidators are returning true for the isvalid property
i'm so confused with the result
i really couldn't figure out how the field validators are returning true when the field are actually empt
i used the following code in the routine that fired the postbac

dim val as IValidato
for each val in validator
val.Validate(
nex

still the controls are not doing their job properl
any help is really appreciate