error in web service... please help :(

Rodrigo Meneses

Whenever I invoke a method on my web service I got the following error
Client found response content type of 'text/html'
Does somebody know something?
Thanks

Jan Tielens

Do you have any kind of security on your web service? If so, you must use
the following code to pass the credentials to the web service:

myWS.PreAuthenticate = true;
myWS.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens
________________________________

Sami Vaaraniemi

Jan,

These are exactly the two things I suggested the last time Rodrigo posted
this question :)

Rodrigo, you do not give us enough information so we could help.

You should try to pinpoint where and what exactly the problem is. Some
things you could try:

1) Run the web service under debugger, put a breakpoint in the web method
and step through code.

2) If 1) is not an option, run TcpTrace
(http://www.pocketsoap.com/tcptrace/) or some other similar program to see
the messages on the wire. When you have the response message, post it here.
It should give us a clue as to what the problem is.

Sami