Error in WebUIValidation.js function ValidatorOnLoad?

Guest

Hi,
I'm getting some strange error on one of my pages:
The page is composed of some nested ascx controls, the error
I am getting is 'undefined is null or not an object'.

The error occurs in line 180 of WebUiValidation.js (if
(typeof(val.evaluationfunction) == "string") ) and is caused by an Error (?)
in the Page_Validators Array:
The Index of the Array starts from 0 up to 5 and then suddenly continues
from 20 up to 24.
The Function now uses a counter Variable from 0 to Page_Validators.length to
get all Validators which causes the error above when getting to index 6....

I'd really like to know what causes this very strange behaviour of the Array
and how can I avoid it?
I'm using .net 1.1.4322

With best regards
Ekkehard

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Ekkehard,

We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Ekkehard,

As for the script error you encountered in your ASP.NET page, is the page
suffering the error a very simple page , have you turn on SmartNavigation
on the page? Based on my experience, sometimes there'll occur some script
problems with the buildin script when smartNavigation is turn on. Anyway,
I suggest you try create a very simple page which use some simple
validation controls and test it to see whether the sample problem occurs.
Also, mostly this is a environment specific problem and please make sure
whether your page works on other test machine.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Kevin Yu [MSFT])
| Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 02:39:55 GMT
| Subject: RE: Error in WebUIValidation.js function ValidatorOnLoad?
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi Ekkehard,
|
| We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
| update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!
|
| Kevin Yu
| =======
| "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights."

Guest

Steven Cheng said:
Hi Ekkehard,

As for the script error you encountered in your ASP.NET page, is the page
suffering the error a very simple page

No, as already mentioned, the page is very complex. Its a Dot Net Nuke
Module that itself consists of several WebUser Controls
, have you turn on SmartNavigation

No, Smart Navigation is not turned on
on the page? Based on my experience, sometimes there'll occur some script
problems with the buildin script when smartNavigation is turn on. Anyway,
I suggest you try create a very simple page which use some simple

I am sure the error won't occur on a simple page, I think the problem is the
complex page (having nested WebControls) but the error must not occure
anyway.
To give you an idea
Page_Validators[5] has id =
_ctl0__ctl2__ctl0_CMSEditor1_FloatingInterval1_RegularExpressionValidator9

Page_Validators[20] has id
_ctl0__ctl2__ctl0_CMSEditor1_FloatingRateCalculation2_IndexTenor_RegularExpressionValidator9

The Page_Validators array having the following indizes:
0.1.2.3.4.5.20.21.22.23.24

validation controls and test it to see whether the sample problem occurs.
Also, mostly this is a environment specific problem and please make sure
whether your page works on other test machine.

As far as I tested it, the problem is not computer specific...
Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Regards Ekkehard

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your followup Ekkehard,

If so, I think this is a page specific problem rather than environment
specific. Have you tried isolate the problem page such as remove the count
of the validation controls on the page so as to get tha simpliefied page?
If you can provide a simplified page which can repro the problem , we can
try performing some tests on our side.