    running. Does anyone know what could be causing the error?

    Thanks,

    Larry

    Larry, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Hi Larry,

    The IE Web controls needs some additional libraries that may not have been
    installed properly. They are normally installed in /webctrl_client/1_0
    which is a subdirectory on the site.

    Check here for more info on the installation?

    Installing the IE Web Controls

    "In order to use the IE Web Controls in your ASP.NET Web applications, you
    must first download the controls' source code and run a build batch file
    that will compile the source code and copy all the needed files to the
    appropriate Web application directories. The Internet Explorer Web Controls
    Download Packages is a 360 KB, self-extracting install file.

    Once you have downloaded and installed the IE Web Controls, a new directory
    will be created (the default is C:\Program Files\IE Web Controls\, although
    you can configure it during the installation). Navigate to this new
    directory and double-click the build.bat file. This will create a new
    subdirectory, build, and compile the classes in the src subdirectory,
    copying the resulting assembly and support files into the build
    subdirectory.

    After running the build.bat file, the build subdirectory will have in it the
    assembly file Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll and a subdirectory called
    Runtime. In order to start using the IE Web Controls in an ASP.NET Web
    application you must copy the contents of the build\Runtime subdirectory to
    the Web application's /webctrl_client/1_0 subdirectory and the assembly file
    (Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll) to the Web application's /bin
    subdirectory (an example, along with command-line instructions to perform
    these tasks, is available in the IE Web Controls README.txt file)."

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...spp/html/aspnet-usingtreeviewiewebcontrol.asp

    Ken
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Aug 5, 2004

  3. Larry

    Eddie Guest

    After runnning the build.bat, I don't see
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll in the sub directory under build. Is
    there anything wrong I did?

    Eddie, Aug 6, 2004