    "A strong SA password is required for security reasons.
    Please use SAPWD switch to suply the same. Setup will now exit"
    How do i solve this?
    João Portela, Aug 27, 2004

  2. João Portela

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:22:52 +0100, João Portela
    <> wrote:

    >As i try to install MSDE (Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine), i get this error message :
    >"A strong SA password is required for security reasons.
    >Please use SAPWD switch to suply the same. Setup will now exit"
    >How do i solve this?

    I've done quite a bit of research on your issue and can find no ASP
    solution for it. Perhaps the fact that it doesn't involve ASP is a
    factor in my lack of success. You could test that by posting in an
    appropriate group, say microsft.public.sqlserver.msde.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Aug 27, 2004

  3. João Portela

    Jeremy Guest

    I'm having the exact same problem. If you find a solution can you share your
    information with me?

    Jeremy, Sep 24, 2004
  4. João Portela

    Brent Guest

    I am having the same problem. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322336 may
    help some people resolve the problem, but I don't even have sa account or sql
    installed on my system. osql -U sa brings up a not recognized
    internal/external command

    Brent, Sep 24, 2004
  5. This is an MSDE issue. Don't you think you'd have more luck asking about it
    in a newsgroup devoted to that topic? Such as
    microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde. Or microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup. Or
    microsoft.public.sqlserver.security

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 24, 2004
  6. João Portela

    IamI IamI Guest

    I found this on another forum:

    Quote:

    Does it ask you for an SA password? Are you supplying one? If so, try
    and use at least one upper case letter, one number and a special
    character. That should get past strength checks.

    trying doing setup.exe sapwd="MyREallyStrongPassword!" or similar.

    -------
    Moo. :)

    Unquote

    It worked for me :)