Error installing MSDE

João Portela

As i try to install MSDE (Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine), i get this error message :
"A strong SA password is required for security reasons.
Please use SAPWD switch to suply the same. Setup will now exit"
How do i solve this?

Jeff Cochran

As i try to install MSDE (Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine), i get this error message :
"A strong SA password is required for security reasons.
Please use SAPWD switch to suply the same. Setup will now exit"
How do i solve this?

I've done quite a bit of research on your issue and can find no ASP
solution for it. Perhaps the fact that it doesn't involve ASP is a
factor in my lack of success. You could test that by posting in an
appropriate group, say microsft.public.sqlserver.msde.

Jeff

Jeremy

I'm having the exact same problem. If you find a solution can you share your
information with me?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

This is an MSDE issue. Don't you think you'd have more luck asking about it
in a newsgroup devoted to that topic? Such as
microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde. Or microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup. Or
microsoft.public.sqlserver.security

Bob Barrows

IamI IamI

I found this on another forum:

Quote:

Does it ask you for an SA password? Are you supplying one? If so, try
and use at least one upper case letter, one number and a special
character. That should get past strength checks.

trying doing setup.exe sapwd="MyREallyStrongPassword!" or similar.

-------
Moo. :)

Unquote

It worked for me :)