Error "Internet explorer cannot download <asp page> from <server>"

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Yuv, Oct 6, 2006.

  1. Yuv

    Yuv Guest

    Hi,

    When one of my users are navigating my ASP website, and click on submit type
    button to move from Page1.asp to another ASP page, Page2.asp, they are
    getting message like

    "Internet explorer cannot download <asp page> from <server>. Internet
    Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is
    either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

    But other users are not experiencing this.

    I also have seen http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316431/ but it doesnot help
    me.

    Can you please tell me what should be done to avoid this error. Do I need
    to check any web browser settings?

    Thank you

    Regards,
    Yuv
    Yuv, Oct 6, 2006

  2. Yuv

    Yuv Guest

    Re: Error "Internet explorer cannot download <asp page> from <serv

    Hi,

    Page2.asp doesnot have 'Response.ContentType' setting.
    For your more information, Page1.asp shows the search criteria and Page2.asp
    executes the sql query based on the search criteria in Page1.asp and shows
    recordset results in Page2.asp.

    Thank you
    Yuv
    Yuv, Oct 9, 2006