error: Invalid ResX input.

Discussion in 'C++' started by Sister Ray, Apr 20, 2007.

  1. Sister Ray

    Sister Ray Guest

    Hello,
    I'm trying to debug and compile a application that was developed by a
    collegue of mine, How ever when i try to build the application I
    always receive the following error:

    Compiling managed resources...
    error: Invalid ResX input.
    error: Specific exception: FileNotFoundException Message: Invalid
    ResX input. ---> FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name
    FarPoint.Win.Spread, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

    Some other collegues of mine have tried to open and build the
    application and haven't had any problems. I've checked the presence of
    the FarPoint.Win.Spread in my machine and it is the and correctly
    added to the solution.

    Can someone point me out what might be the problem with my machine for
    the application not to compile there.

    Carlos Pedro

    Sister Ray, Apr 20, 2007

  2. Sister Ray wrote:
    > I'm trying to debug and compile a application that was developed by a
    > collegue of mine, How ever when i try to build the application I
    > always receive the following error:
    >
    > Compiling managed resources...
    > error: Invalid ResX input.
    > error: Specific exception: FileNotFoundException Message: Invalid
    > ResX input. ---> FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name
    > FarPoint.Win.Spread, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
    >
    > Some other collegues of mine have tried to open and build the
    > application and haven't had any problems. I've checked the presence of
    > the FarPoint.Win.Spread in my machine and it is the and correctly
    > added to the solution.
    >
    > Can someone point me out what might be the problem with my machine for
    > the application not to compile there.

    I believe you're asking in a wrong newsgroup.

    Isn't 'ResX' the name of the .NET resource compiler? If so, you should
    consider asking in the newsgroup with "dotnet" in its name.

    Victor Bazarov, Apr 20, 2007