    changing the IIS settings?

    Thanks in advance!

    , Oct 25, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > ...I want to add the line number to the email message. So far,
    > I have found that you would have to modify the custom error
    > (500;100) on the IIS to point to your own error page to be able
    > to use the Server.GetLastError object.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is a way out there that does not
    > require changing the IIS settings?

    That depends on whether you consider it "changing the IIS settings" to
    modify this file:

    \iishelp\common\500-100.asp

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Oct 26, 2006

    > That depends on whether you consider it "changing the IIS settings" to
    > modify this file:
    >
    > \iishelp\common\500-100.asp
    >

    > --
    > Dave Anderson
    >
    > Unsolicited commercial email will be read at a cost of $500 per message. Use
    > of this email address implies consent to these terms.

    meh, I'd rather just create my own custom page in that case....

    , Oct 27, 2006
  4. wrote:
    >> That depends on whether you consider it "changing the IIS
    >> settings" to modify this file:
    >>
    >> \iishelp\common\500-100.asp

    > meh, I'd rather just create my own custom page in that case...

    Fine, but that does not really answer the question. If you can modify that
    file without "changing IIS settings", then you can certainly change it to
    this:

    Server.Transfer("/YourCustomErrorScript.asp")

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Oct 27, 2006