error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _errno

Faith

hi guys,
As you can understand from the subject the problem is the:
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _errno
Whats so wierd is that when i build the project "A" alone it works
with no errors but when I build a project that has a dependency on
project "A" that project fails with this error that accurs while
building project "A".
I will be grateful if you can help,
Thanks in advance,
Faith

Flash Gordon

On 2 Mar 2004 00:12:19 -0800
hi guys,
As you can understand from the subject the problem is the:
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _errno
Whats so wierd is that when i build the project "A" alone it works
with no errors but when I build a project that has a dependency on
project "A" that project fails with this error that accurs while
building project "A".
I will be grateful if you can help,

This sounds like a problem with your specific implementation so you
would be better off asking in a group dedicated to your
OS/compiler/library combination. We don't deal with specific
implementations here.

Ben Pfaff

As you can understand from the subject the problem is the:
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _errno
Whats so wierd is that when i build the project "A" alone it works
with no errors but when I build a project that has a dependency on
project "A" that project fails with this error that accurs while
building project "A".

Check that there isn't some explicit definition of `errno'
anywhere, e.g. `extern int errno;'. You can't do that because
errno isn't necessarily a variable. Instead, #include <errno.h>.