Error loading XML into asp.net DataSet

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kathryn, Jun 4, 2004.

  1. Kathryn

    Kathryn Guest

    Hello,

    When I try to load this xml file (see below) into an asp.net dataset
    using the following code:

    ds.ReadXml("xmlfilepath\xmlfile.xml", XmlReadMode.Auto)

    I get the following error:

    "The same table (description) cannot be the child table in two nested
    relations. "

    If I take out the anchor tag in the description it works fine,
    however, I need the anchor tag in there. Does
    anyone have any suggestions?

    <?xml version="1.0" ?>
    <rss version="2.0">
    <channel>
    <title>Liftoff News</title>
    <link>http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/</link>
    <description>Liftoff to Space Exploration.</description>
    <language>en-us</language>
    <pubDate>Tue, 10 Jun 2003 04:00:00 GMT</pubDate>
    <lastBuildDate>Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:41:01 GMT</lastBuildDate>
    <docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
    <generator>Weblog Editor 2.0</generator>
    <managingEditor></managingEditor>
    <webMaster></webMaster>
    <item>
    <title>Star City</title>
    <link>http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/news/2003/news-starcity.asp</link>
    <description>How do Americans get ready to work with Russians aboard
    the International Space Station? They take a crash course in culture,
    language and protocol at Russia's <a
    href="http://howe.iki.rssi.ru/GCTC/gctc_e.htm">Star
    City</a>.</description>
    <pubDate>Tue, 03 Jun 2003 09:39:21 GMT</pubDate>
    <guid>http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/2003/06/03.html#item573</guid>
    </item>
    </channel>
    </rss>