Error mesage: Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging ...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Annie, Aug 31, 2005.

  1. Annie

    Annie Guest

    Hi guys,

    I am trying to set the connection string for my database in the web.config
    file however it raises the funny error message:

    ""Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
    server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.

    Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax
    errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start Without Debugging. You

    may also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the
    online documentation. Would you like to disable future attempts

    to debug ASP.NET pages for this project?""

    the line that i have added is below:

    <appSettings>

    <add key="ConnectionString" value="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
    Source=C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\HeaderFooterSample\\Database\\Mobiles.mdb" />

    </appSettings>

    I don't know why this error appears?

    TIA
    Annie, Aug 31, 2005

  2. Annie

    Vijay Guest

    I think there is some problem with your page. Line you added should not
    create any problem. You can check it by checking the validity of XML. If XML
    is valid then problem lies elsewhere.

    Cheers
    Vijay

    Vijay, Aug 31, 2005