Error message from the provider: The RSA key container could not be opened.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by peter.freeborn@halliburton.com, Oct 28, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I am using RTM on Windows 2003

    I have been trying to encrypt the connection string in the Web config
    with the following command line on the web server

    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis -pe
    connectionStrings

    -app / -site dev-emts

    The Application is in the root hence the "/"

    The site is called dev-emts

    It works for a while.

    But for no reason I can see it seems some cached value or somthing is
    expiring then no one can get in and it throws the following error...

    Parser Error Message: Failed to decrypt using provider
    'RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider'. Error message from the provider:
    The RSA key container could not be opened.

    Source Error:

    Line 11: <appSettings/>
    Line 12: <connectionStrings
    configProtectionProvider="RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider">
    Line 13: <EncryptedData
    Type="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#Element"
    Line 14: xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#">
    Line 15: <EncryptionMethod
    Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#tripledes-cbc" />

    Source File: D:\websites\stg-emts\web.config Line: 13

    I can not find anything about this error any help please would be
    LOVED!!!

    , Oct 28, 2005