Error Messages

Aziz

Hi,

A web applications error output is like this:

object.]
Gor.Forms.Page.SecurityCheck(Object sender, EventArgs e) +40
System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +67
Agromax.main.OnInit(EventArgs e) +50
[...]

Should I look for a Page object not set to an instance, or something
else? I'm not used to .NET and VS error messages...

Thanks

Marina

The page is fine. It is a variable or a function return value - something
there is null but you always expect it to have a value. According to the
stack it's in your OnInit implementation.

Jim Cheshire

Aziz said:
Hi,

A web applications error output is like this:

object.]
Gor.Forms.Page.SecurityCheck(Object sender, EventArgs e) +40
System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +67
Agromax.main.OnInit(EventArgs e) +50
[...]

Should I look for a Page object not set to an instance, or something
else? I'm not used to .NET and VS error messages...

You would want to look here:

Gor.Forms.Page.SecurityCheck(Object sender, EventArgs e) +40

In other words, at an offset of 40 inside of the SecurityCheck function.

Where did this error message appear?

--
Jim Cheshire

Latest entry: Digging into Objects