Error number 448?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ross, Dec 15, 2003.

  1. Ross

    Ross Guest

    I am trying to pass a datatable from a page to another
    page in a different frame. The user would see the results
    of a query in the first frame then could navigate through
    the second frame to a page that uses the query data for
    another purpose.
    I kept getting null-object-reference errors when I tried
    to bind the data to a control in the second frame. In an
    attempt to trace the problem I set up a little test of
    session variables to see if I had the basics right.
    Perhaps I shouldn't assume it works just like ASP. In the
    page in frame1, I have (in Page_Load) this line:

    Session("test1") = "testing testing"

    In the page in frame2 I have (in Page_Load):

    Try
    FileOpen(1, "C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/mysite/debugout.txt",
    OpenMode.Output, OpenAccess.Write, OpenShare.Default)
    WriteLine(1, "sessiontest:", Session("test1"))
    Catch err As Exception
    WriteLine(1, err.ToString())
    Finally
    FileClose(1)
    End Try

    The result is a blank page in frame2, and debugout.txt has
    one line:
    "sessiontest:"#ERROR 448#

    I can't find a reference to this error anywhere. Am I
    using session variables correctly? Do I have to create a
    global.asax file to initialise session variables? I have
    no clue what is happening here.

    Ross, Dec 15, 2003

  2. Ross

    Guest Guest

    Try changing this line
    WriteLine(1, "sessiontest:", Session("test1"))
    WriteLine(1, "sessiontest:", CType(Session("test1"),string)

    Jerry

    Guest, Dec 15, 2003

  3. Ross

    Ross Guest

    Good suggestion, but the result was exactly the same.

    Ross, Dec 15, 2003