error on connection to access file

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZW56bw==?=, Dec 6, 2004.

  1. Hi to all,
    I read the file myDB.mdb with :

    strConnString ="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=C:\myfile.mdb";
    OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection(strConnString);
    conn.Open();
    all ok.

    Then I have changed the Web.config file so :

    <authentication mode="Windows"/>
    <identity impersonate="true"/>

    <allow users="machineName\myUser"/>
    <deny users="*" />

    and I grant only "myUser" on the database folder with all permissions.

    Now on the conn.Open() I have the following OledbException :

    messagge = error not specify
    source = "Microsoft JET Database Engine"

    Where is the error ?

    Thanks to all

    =?Utf-8?B?ZW56bw==?=, Dec 6, 2004