Error on posting file to Win 2003's IIS

Rabbit

Dear All,

I've been tried various configuration and did install SP1 on Windows 2003
Server.

The problem now that I have is an aspx page located on the web site for
taking the file post by client side. It was working perfect on testing
platform(Win XP IIS) and previous production server(Win 2000).

Recently when I'd upgrade the server to Win 2003, my web server of it keeps
returning me this error "(500) Internal Server Error" when client
application posting file. Does anyone have any idea or knowing how to
resolve this problem?

I have done following already to try to solve the problem:
*) Restarting ASP.Net (with "aspnet_regiis.exe -i")
*) Check the web site has same configure as my previous production server
(Win2000)
*) Installed Win 2003 service pack 1

Currently the server is ok for ppl accessing its asp.net web sites, its just
have problem on posting files from client!! >.<

Anyone can share your knowledge is highly appreciated!
Keith

Kevin Spencer

You'll have to explain what you mean by "posting file." That is ambguous,
and could mean any number of things.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Everybody picks their nose,
But some people are better at hiding it.

Rabbit

Dear all,

Sorry about that, let me explain a bit more about the problem. My
application contains 2 parts(Server and Client), the server side is having a
ASP.net page as listener for client side to post file, the main coding to
receive posting file as following:
----------------------------Listener major
coding--------------------------------------------
Line 1 Dim strAppPath As String = HttpRuntime.AppDomainAppPath

Line 2 For Each tmpfile In Request.Files.AllKeys
Line 3 Uploadfile = Request.Files(tmpfile)
Line 4 Uploadfile.SaveAs(strAppPath & "working\" & Uploadfile.FileName)
Line 5 Next tmpfile

The Client side is a .net window form application which allows user to post
a list of files(.xml, .jpg) to the server, the main coding as following:
----------------------------Sender major
coding------------------------------------
Dim myWebClient As New WebClient
Dim responseArray As Byte()
Dim intCnt As Integer, strPictureFile
Dim strURI As String = "http://www.mywebserve.com/Uploader.aspx"

responseArray = myWebClient.UploadFile(strURI, "POST",
"c:\uploadfiles\testing.jpg")

This coding was working perfect on WinXP and Win2000 server platform, but
now when I use the same architecture on Win 2003 Server, the server always
return error on Line 4, saying (500) Internal Server Error

So I wonder anyway to find out what was the problem on setting ASP.Net?

Best Regards,
Keith

the client side is written using Windows form, "Kevin Spencer"