Error on Request.BinaryRead in IIS 6.0 (Win 2003)

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Nikhil, Sep 11, 2003.

  1. Nikhil

    Nikhil Guest

    I have a VBscript that I use to upload files onto the
    server. The script works fine on IIS 5.0 but on IIS 6.0 on
    Windows 2003 I get an error when uploading certain files.
    I believe its because the file is larger than what is
    normally uploaded. Average file size is 15KB this file is
    490Kb.

    The error that I get is

    Request object error 'ASP 0104 : 80004005' Operation not
    Allowed

    The code on the line is
    biData = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)

    Also the totalbytes on the two systems are different. Any
    idea why this is happening. Is there any solution?

    Nikhil, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Nikhil

    GVaught Guest

    I'm not a network guru or anything, but isn't there a setting that can be
    set on the server to limit the size of a file upload like the size of an
    attachment that can be sent through email? Or you need to make sure you have
    write privileges to the location where you are uploading the files inside
    the web server setup as well as Windows write privileges.

    GVaught, Sep 11, 2003