error on windows with commands.getstatusoutput

Discussion in 'Python' started by Lee Harr, Dec 28, 2008.

  1. Lee Harr

    Lee Harr Guest

    My application is trying to start twistd in a cross-platform way.

    Unfortunately, it works fine on my linux system, but I do not
    have windows, and I am trying to debug this remotely on a
    system I never use :eek:(

    Anyhow, here is the error I am getting:

    cmd = '%s -y %s -l %s' % (conf.twistd, conf.tztac, conf.twistdlog)
    status, output = commands.getstatusoutput(cmd)

    Error code: 1
    Command: C:/Python25/Scripts/twistd.bat -y tzmud.tac -l var/log/twistd.log
    Output:
    '{' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

    Apparently, the Command works fine from the command line.

    So...

    Can I run a .bat file on windows with getstatusoutput?

    Anyone recognize this kind of error?

    Thanks for any assistance.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/events.aspx

    Lee Harr, Dec 28, 2008