Error opening AccessDB from the newly spawned thread

Guest

Hi all,
I'm getting the following exception when trying to open an Access DB from
the new thread:

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file
'\\path\errorLog.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or
you need permission to view its data.

The point is that the main thread can access that file no trouble at all
(hence it's coded that only a spawned thread should do this).
Apparantly some extra permissions should be granted but not sure.

Thanks

Landley

If your web app can access it, you should not need anymore permission
setting.

What is your main thread doing with the database at the point of which you
attempt to open a second connection?

Landers

Guest

Trying to localize the problem (which is hard to do on the provider's host
and as I said everything working fine on my dev box) I've dedicated one
access DB to be opened only from a new thread (this is where it fails), but
when I change the code to open that DB from the main thread it just works
fine.

Thank you