Error problem: asp.net app trying to reference local file?

Guest

I have had to create a new project file to update a deployed asp.net application. I then built the project and using "Copy Project" to deploy to the live server. Now when the application tries to use code that I have updated, it crashes with the following error trying to reference the local file on my development machine

snip ------------------

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
admin_feb2004.pnlQuoteProcessing.Send_Quote(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\admin_feb2004\quote_processing.aspx.vb:35
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputButton.OnServerClick(EventArgs e) +10
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +5
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +1
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +3

end snip -----------------

The only code changed within this file before building the project was a url for the source file property of an image. The application prevoiusly worked fine with another url. I can't imagine that this would start this frustration

Any help would be appreciated.

John Oakes

You are trying to access an object that hasn't been instantiated. Look at
quote_processing.aspx.vb, line 359.

steve_o said:
I have had to create a new project file to update a deployed asp.net
application. I then built the project and using "Copy Project" to deploy to
the live server. Now when the application tries to use code that I have
updated, it crashes with the following error trying to reference the local
file on my development machine.
snip -------------------

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
admin_feb2004.pnlQuoteProcessing.Send_Quote(Object sender, EventArgs e)
in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\admin_feb2004\quote_processing.aspx.vb:359
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputButton.OnServerClick(EventArgs e) +108
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandl
er.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18